Saturday, September 27, 2008

IRS Tax Help

Do you have a problem with the IRS and need tax relief or some other type of tax help? Your best bet is to call a professional tax resolution firm. Some things to consider when selecting someone to represent you would be a firm capable of representing you in every aspect of tax matters. Another point of consideration would be whether or not the company is a member of the Better Business Bureau, and if so what is their rating? Additionally you want a company that truly seeks to understand your specific tax problem. Without knowing the client’s position it is impossible to accurately determine how to solve the client’s problem.

Once the problem(s) have been accurately identified a plan of resolution must be formulated to resolve the problem(s). Some of the typical problems clients have result from years of unfiled tax returns and/or a large tax liability (they owe a lot of money to the IRS). If a client has unfiled returns the tax resolution firm you select must be able to act quickly to get these returns completed and filed. If the client owes the IRS money and is unable to pay then a plan of resolution needs to be developed and then implemented. One of the most qualified persons to do complete this task is a type of specialist known as an Enrolled Agent (see part II for information about Enrolled Agents).

Tax problems are complex, unique to the client’s own personal circumstance, and require highly specialized skills to get the problem resolved. The team you select to help you with your situation should consist of Enrolled Agents who will use their collective skills and abilities as well as their knowledge and experience in working with the IRS to get the taxpayer into the absolute best plan of resolution available. There are firms that offer clients a no cost, no obligation consultation to determine whether or not the client could benefit substantially from their services. Be careful who you use to help you. It will make all the difference in the end.

No comments: