Saturday, September 27, 2008

IRS Help – Enrolled Agents – Part II

If you have a tax problem with the IRS and need the help of a tax professional you want someone truly qualified to give you the best help possible. You need an Enrolled Agent. An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a federally authorized tax practitioner with highly specialized technical expertise in tax matters and is qualified to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service including audits, collections and appeals.

The Enrolled “Agent” is authorized to appear before the IRS on behalf of the taxpayer. Only Enrolled Agents, CPAs and attorneys are authorized to represent taxpayers before the IRS. Enrolled Agents are true tax specialists and probably represents a taxpayer’s best option for representation before the IRS due to their level of experience and knowledge. Part I of this two-part series mentioned the importance of hiring a tax resolution firm that employs Enrolled Agents. Some firms employ former IRS agents who are also Enrolled Agents. This is perhaps the most formidable combination of skill, experience and expertise when resolving a tax matter. There are a few firms that have this combination.

Getting into a plan of resolution is the most important thing a taxpayer needs to do if they owe the IRS money. An IRS tax debt doubles every 4 years. If this is not addressed quickly the taxpayer’s financial condition will eventually dissolve into financial ruin. An excellent tax resolution firm understands this and strives to bring the best plan of resolution possible to the taxpayer through the skill and expertise of their Enrolled Agents. If you have a tax problem don’t stall, make a call! Call a tax professional today!

No comments: