Friday, February 27, 2009

Tax Attorney

From time to time I have people call me asking if I am a tax attorney. The first thing I tell them is that I’m not. The first thing I ask them is why they feel they need a tax attorney. Sometimes people feel only a tax attorney can help them with their tax matters when really all that is needed is a true tax professional. For the most part tax attorneys represent taxpayers in tax court or some other tax matter that is criminal in nature.

Most of the problems taxpayers have are related to not filing a tax return or simply owing the IRS money and not being in a position to pay their tax liability in full. These situations can be resolved quickly without the highly skilled services of a tax attorney. It is best to obtain a good consultation from an experienced professional tax resolution firm first before trying to get an attorney involved. A good tax consultant will advise whether or not a tax attorney is needed.

No comments: